Modular construction refers to construction methodology where the modules are manufactured and finished (or partially finished) in a factory off-site and then transported to the site and assembled and finished to construct the final construction.
- Smart Box Modules are constructed with ISO Marine Containers of two sizes 20 ft (l x w x h - 20’ x 8’ x 8’) and 40 ft (40’ x 8’ x 9.6’) High Cube.
- Each container is designed to carry up to 30 tons cargo.
- Each container module has been designed to stack up to 7 storeys high during transportation by Sea.
- Each container module is designed to handle more dynamic and static loading than conventional construction materials.
Modular Construction benefits:
- Minimum foundation required thereby leaving minimal footprint when removed. A better “Greenfield” solution.
- Cleaner workspace
- Foundations and modules can be made simultaneously thereby, significantly cutting down the construction times.
- The modules are fabricated off-site at Smart Box factory, allowing faster construction time.
- Construction of the modules are as per Smart Box quality standards, therefore, under factory production conditions, the modules are quality checked to ensure higher quality standards.
- Modules can be dressed with cladding and roofing to create a more appealing aesthetic feel to the units.
- Standard construction exterior finishes can be applied to the modules to create a wide range of customised finishes.
- Modular Construction is like playing with LEGO™. With each module of standard specifications - 20 ft or 40 ft, one can configure the blocks in any imaginable configuration.
- Scaling up when extra space is required is a quick process when working with SMART modules.
PMV Live at the Big 5 exhibition
Visit Smart Box at PMV Live at the Big 5 exhibition (Stall PMV B52) in Dubai from 21st to 24th November 2011